- After completion of the MSK ultrasound course, the professional is capable of using MSK ultrasound in their day to day clinical practice in a qualitative and critical way.
- The professionals will learn how to scan anatomical structures of the upper limb and lower limb muscles, joints, ligaments and nerves.
- They also will learn other superficial structures such as abdominal wall musculature and FAST protocol (Focused assessment by Sonography in Trauma) to be able to identify any fluid or blood collection within the potential intra-thoracic, abdominal and pelvic cavities.
- The core of this hands-on skills course is based on an intensive review of anatomy of specific region, pathophysiology of common conditions within these regions and evidence based reviews of the use of MSK ultrasound in the assessment of the locomotor system of human body.
What you’ll learn?
- Standardized scanning protocol set by International MSK society.
- Will be able to scan all upper and lower extremity joint structures.
- Detailed sonographic anatomy of musculoskeletal system.
- Learning how to analyze and describe clinical cases.
- Interpretation of common pathophysiology of muscles, joints and tendons.
- This course aims to learn how to differentiate normal and abnormal MSK ultrasound findings. Based on clinical case approach, we will discuss how to recognize the main features of pathological changes in musculoskeletal structures.
- Participants will be able to understand the benefits, limitations and clinical reasoning of the MSK ultrasound examination.
Who should attend?
- Radiologists, Orthopedic surgeons, Sports physicians, Rheumatologists, Sonologists and Sonographers, Physiatrists, Chiropractors, Physiotherapists, Athletic trainers, Osteopaths, and all other primary or secondary healthcare professionals who work in musculoskeletal diagnostics and/or rehabilitation.
- This course has been designed for radiologists, Sonologists and sonographers or ultrasound technologists who want to expand their horizon in next level of musculoskeletal ultrasound.
- It is also a highly relevant in the field of orthopedics and rheumatologyas “POCUS” or point of care Ultrasonography.
- This course is extremely helpful for physiotherapists and sports medicine specialists,who can apply their skill in physiotherapy clinics and also directly in the sports-field for instant diagnosis of musculoskeletal injuries and diseases and/or rehabilitation.
- Both primary and secondary healthcare professionals interested in improving their diagnostic capabilities and insight in treating dysfunctions of the musculoskeletal system.
- Understanding the concept of ultrasound.
- What is the normal appearance of MSK tissues in ultrasound?
- Learning how to use the ultrasound system.
- Understanding the functional anatomy of all extremity joints.
- Being able to scan all extremity joint protocols including muscles and ligaments in a correct & reliable way.
- Being able to identify common pathology in MSK ultrasound.
- Learning qualitative scanning and pathology recognition.
- Lots of hands-on practice with ultrasound device.
|DAY 01||WELCOME and Introduction to musculoskeletal ultrasound
Quality Scanning & Knobology
|DAY 02||Musculoskeletal ultrasound of the SHOULDER|
|DAY 03||Musculoskeletal ultrasound of the shoulder|
|DAY 04||Musculoskeletal ultrasound of the ELBOW|
|DAY 05||Musculoskeletal ultrasound of the ELBOW|
|DAY 06||Musculoskeletal ultrasound of the WRIST|
|DAY 07||Musculoskeletal ultrasound of the WRIST|
|DAY 08||Musculoskeletal ultrasound of the HIP|
|DAY 09||Musculoskeletal ultrasound of the HIP|
|DAY 10||Musculoskeletal ultrasound of the KNEE|
|DAY 11||Musculoskeletal ultrasound of the KNEE|
|DAY 12||Musculoskeletal ultrasound of the ANKLE AND FOOT|
|DAY 13||Musculoskeletal ultrasound of the ANKLE AND FOOT|
|DAY 14||Musculoskeletal ultrasound of the ABDOMINAL WALL & FAST protocol in trauma|
|DAY 15||Review of Shoulder Joint|
|DAY 16||Review of Elbow Joint|
|DAY 17||Review of Wrist Joint|
|DAY 18||Review of Hip Joint|
|DAY 19||Review of Knee Joint|
|DAY 20||Review of Ankle Joint|
|Course Duration:||Two Months / Three months
(Can be shortened on demand)
|Total Number of class:||20 classes, each class of 03 hours|
|Didactic lectures:||1 hour|
|Hands-on training:||2 hours|
- After successful completion of this course participants will be awarded a “Certificate in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound”
- MBBS or equivalent degree.
- Sonologists and Sonographers
- Sports Medicine specialist, Orthopedic & Trauma surgeons.
- Emergency physicians.
- Atheletic trainers
- Every month
- Starts on demand anytime (minimum 4-5 students create a batch)
- For upcoming schedule, please contact us.
- We welcome students from other countries to enrich our campus life and foster life-long relationships and international cultural interactions.
- We don’t have accommodation facilities at the moment for foreign students. However, if requested earlier, we may assist to find suitable accommodation nearby the campus.
250 total views, 4 views today