- It is a Six month Comprehensive course on Adult Echocardiography.
- It is delivered with a main focus on the acquisition of basic practical skills on scanning techniques and protocols with ACS/ARDMS standard protocol covering the syllabus for RDCS licensing examination.
- This specialized course will give you practical proficiency in attaining advanced echocardiography views, with plenty of opportunity to apply these skills through our practical exercises.
- One to One Hands-on training is the main focus on practical skills acquisition with practical and didactic classes with instructor-student of 1:5 ratios.
- State of the art training facility with modern ultrasound equipment ranging from basic machine to High Resolution Color Doppler, PW/CW Doppler and Power Doppler along with Tissue Doppler Imaging (TDI) facilities. The utilization of real patient supplemented by videos, slides, lectures etc.
- Time-frame can be modified from four month according to the participant’s special needs.
- Are you a Cardiologist, Physician or Internist, wants to gain practical proficiency in performing and interpreting cardiac ultrasound scans?
- Are you a Sonologist looking to develop your Cardiac ultrasound skills?
- Are you seeking to utilize cardiac ultrasound for assessment of valvular disease?
- Do you want to apply Cardiac ultrasound in a critical arrest scenario?
- Do you simply want to improve, refresh or extend your ultrasound technique and thus opening a new horizon of ultrasound practice?
- Do you intend to appear RDCS licensing examination in Adult echocardiography?
“THEN THIS IS THE RIGHT COURSE FOR YOU”
- This program will give you the practical and theoretical knowledge to perform and understand Cardiac assessment with a set of new skills ready to apply in the real world.
Course Objective_Course Content:
- This practical and focused course builds your skills in a practical, step-by-step manner with supervised hands-on scanning.
- At the conclusion of this course you will be able to:
o Explore the physical principles and artifacts of ultrasound to attain basic practical proficiency in B-mode and Doppler image optimization.
o Demonstrate basic practical proficiency in performing and interpreting the goal directed echocardiography examination to differentiate between Normal anatomy & Physiology with pathology,
o Normal and abnormal left and right ventricular dimensions and function.
o Normal and abnormal left and right atrial dimensions and function.
o Normal and abnormal interventricular and interatrial septum.
o Normal and abnormal A-V valves, LVOT & RVOT.
o M-Mode acquisition and relationship to 2D Cardiac anatomy
o Segmental wall motion assessment
o Significant pericardial effusion and distinguish it from pleural effusio
o Gross abnormalities in valvular function.
o Cardiac tamponade and acute pulmonary embolism.
o Pneumothorax, pneumonia and pulmonary edema.
o Discuss the clinical role, practical applications and limitations of the goal directed echo examination.
o Demonstrate the ability to incorporate knowledge obtained from bedside echocardiography into the care of critically ill patients.
o Document and present complete and accurate sonographic findings for recording in the patient’s record to facilitate appropriate diagnosis and clinical management.
- General Physician Sonologist (MBBS, MD)
- Cardiologist (D. Card/MD)
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeon (MS/FCPS)
- Internal Medicine /FCPS/ MD/MRCP in Medicine
- Six months program
- Can start on demand anytime or can be customized on individual needs.
- For upcoming schedule, please contact us.
- January, May and September of each year.
- Can start on demand anytime with minimum 3 – 4 students.
- Must be upon your confirmation of admission.
- A “Certificate of Achievement”shall be awarded to the participants who registers and successfully completes all the requirement of the program.
- We welcome students from other countries to enrich our campus life and foster life-long relationships and international cultural interactions.
- We don’t have accommodation facilities at the moment for foreign students. However, if requested earlier, we may assist to find suitable accommodation nearby the campus.