- It is a One month / Three Months comprehensive ultrasound course in vascular Doppler sonography.
- The course comprises of basic principles of Doppler physics with application and evaluation of Color Doppler, PW Doppler, CW Doppler and Power Doppler for all neck vessels, upper and lower limb vessels, abdominal arteries, veins, portal veins and their major branches, tributaries, and also fetal assessment by Doppler in OBGYN Ultrasound.
- Vascular Ultrasound courses are delivered with a main focus on the acquisition of basic practical skills on scanning techniques and protocols with AIUM/ARDMS standard protocol.
- With Vascular ultrasound, now a central component for Vascular disease assessment, this course will give you the practical and theoretical knowledge to perform and understand ultrasound examination in Carotid Doppler, Peripheral Arterial Doppler, Venous Doppler for assessment of DVT, Abdominal vessels Doppler specially Renal Artery Doppler assessment and also Doppler study in Obstetrics, specially Fetal Doppler for assessment of Placental insufficiency, fetal hypoxia, Preeclampsia & IUGR.
- One to One Hands-on training is the main focus on practical skills acquisition with practical and didactic classes with instructor-student ratios of 1:4.
- State of the art training facility with modern ultrasound equipment ranging from basic machine to High Resolution Color Doppler, PW/CW Doppler and Power Doppler along with 3D/4D facilities.
- Are you a Sonologist looking to develop your Vascular ultrasoundskills?
- Are you regularly called on to perform Vascular Assessment?
- Are you a Vascular Surgeon looking to learn Vascular Doppler ultrasound for vascular disease assessment?
- Are you a Obstetrician, wants to learn application of Doppler in Obstetrics?
- Do you simply want to improve, refresh or extend your technique?
- Do you want to sit for ARDMS registry exam on vascular technology (RVT)?
“Then this is the right course for you!
· Vascular ultrasound, a fundamental component of your practice, this program will give you the practical and theoretical knowledge to perform and understand vascular Doppler assessment with a set of new skills ready to apply in the real world.
Course Objectives _ Course Content
– This practical and focused course will provide you with the skills to:
- Describe physical principles to understand and operate the ultrasound equipment including knobology of Doppler.
- Demonstrate a scanning technique according to AIUM/ARDMS or global standard.
- Demonstrate basic practical proficiency in performing and interpreting the following:
- Ultrasound evaluation of Carotid and vertebral artery Doppler.
- Ultrasound evaluation of Upper extremity Arterial and Venous Doppler
- Ultrasound evaluation abdominal Arterial Doppler with emphasis on –
o Celiac Trunk Doppler
o Mesenteric Arterial Doppler
o Hepatic artery and Hepatic vein Doppler
o Portal Vein Doppler
o Renal Artery Doppler
o Abdominal Aortic and Iliac vessel Doppler
- Ultrasound Doppler assessment of Lower limb arterial diseases.
- Ultrasound assessment of Lower limb veins for DVT.
- Doppler in Obstetrics, ultrasound assessment for fetal well being, placental insufficiency, Preeclampsia, IUGR by evaluation of Uterine artery, Umbilical artery, Middle Cerebral artery and other fetal artery, veins and cardiac Doppler assessment.
- Evaluation Hemodialysis access, AV fistula and Pseudoaneurysm and penile Doppler.
- Discuss the clinical role, practical applications, and limitations of ultrasound in the vascular assessment including basic principles of Doppler and hemodynamics.
· Document and present complete and accurate sonographic findings for recording and reporting to facilitate appropriate diagnosis and management in vascular Doppler assessment.
- MBBS or any medical graduate who have knowledge of basic principles of ultrasound.
- Vascular Surgeons/Cardio-Vascular surgeons
- Obstetricians interested in Doppler in Obstetrics.
- Sonologists to want to expand his/her practice with a new field of ultrasound.
- Foreign students can apply.
- One Month / Three Months ( Total 15 Classes )
- Course duration can be extended or shortened on demand or needs of individual candidate.
- First week of every month,
- Also starts on demand anytime.
- A “Certificate of Achievement”shall be awarded to the participants who registers and successfully completes all the requirement of the program.
- We welcome students from other countries to enrich our campus life and foster lifelong relationships and international cultural interactions.
- We don’t have accommodation facilities at the moment for foreign students. However, if requested earlier, we may assist to find suitable accommodation nearby the campus.
International students must apply at least three month earlier for visa processing.